Thursday, January 10, 2013

Determination

As some of you may or may not know, I'm part of the Children's Ministry Staff at our church, Southbrook.  Each month in HarborTown (our Elementary program), we focus on a new virtue that's reflected in God's character.  In the month of January it's Determination.  Determination is deciding it's worth it to finish what you start.
Our adoption journey has definitely been an exercise in determination. When we started our Home Study process over 2 years ago, we had no idea the roller coaster ride we were in for.  

But this morning, as I was praying for our Lawyer in DRC as he meets with the Embassy today and for our kids health and safety and for their little hearts to begin to soften and prepare - I felt a new sense of determination. The finish line is in sight and it feels like that last spurt of energy and enthusiasm is surging!  

And then I thought about you!  Those of you who have been praying right along with us and I was thankful for the determination that you've shown as well!  Each time we've asked for prayer, you've been ready and willing and I can't even begin to express how much that has meant to us!

I can't wait to share with A and J, all the amazing people that prayed for them and loved them even before they came home!  

So thank you!  

Thank you for sticking with us, for sharing in our excitement each time there is a new bit of news and for being determined to help us pray our little ones home!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to see how God richly blesses your home through all of this.

    ReplyDelete