Saturday, March 23, 2013

First Things First...Community is a Beautiful Thing!

We finally made it home after spending 2 weeks in the DRC.  I have much to share about our journey, but first things first.  I am quite behind on all the happenings that led up to our departure on Feb 21st.
We are so thankful for the friends that surround us!  Living 800+ miles from all of our family, friends become a life-line.  A couple weeks before Jeff and I left for the DRC a group of sweet friends planned an incredible surprise for me!  
A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are pictures of a very special evening!


















 





















 










           


















The night ended with all these sweet women forming a circle around my girls and I, laying hands on us and praying for each part of our journey and for each member of our family.  It was a picture of true community and so beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment