Friday, December 3, 2010

Great News!

Today we put our 1st Ethiopia Program Fee in the mail on it's way to America World Adoption Agency!
Another step closer. 
On Monday, we'll put our Home Study paperwork in the mail on it's way to Family Christian Services. 
Another step closer.
We'll be assigned a Family Coordinator in the next week and then we'll begin putting together our dossier.  At the same time we'll be meeting with a Social Worker assigned to us by our Home Study Agency.
I think about how long it took to complete this first set of "steps" and I have to admit I feel alittle discouraged and overwhelmed, but then I remember that God equips us to carry out what He's called us to do!  God has called our family to grow through adoption - of that, we are 100% sure!  We know He's faithful!  So we'll just keep taking one step and then another - until one day (hopefully soon) we'll hold our little one in our arms!
If you'd like to pray for us, here are a couple of things that you can specifically pray for -
1.  That God would continue to provide financially for our adoption
2.  That God would help me use my time wisely as I take care of our family, my responsibilities at work and also work on putting our dossier together. 
We appreciate your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment