Monday, October 3, 2011

Waiting

It was a beautiful fall weekend here in the South!  I love this cooler weather and the pumpkin spice lattes, chili and cornbread that come with it!
My Mom and Dad visited with us last week - unfortunately it rained pretty much the whole time they were here.  They did, however, manage to get a lot of projects checked off our "to-do" list.  They painted a wall in Abbi's room, they painted ALL of Alli's room - along with a desk and rocking chair that we'll use in her room as well.  So despite the rain - they had a very productive trip!  You just have to LOVE parents that jump in to help out anyway they can!!  Thank you sooo much Mom and Dad!
I really don't have any new adoption news to share.  We're still waiting...and waiting...and waiting.  Waiting is always difficult and I seem to swing from one emotion to the next.  I had coffee with a sweet friend on Friday and she reminded me that God never wastes times of waiting - He has so much for us to learn during this time - to continue to shape us and mold us into the parents we'll need to be for our sweet addition.  So thankful for the reminder!
I did email our adoption agency last Tuesday to ask for an update.  I'm usually not one to do that - I figure they'll let us know if important news comes their way.  But it had been a couple of weeks since we'd heard anything so I thought I'd give it a try.  They confirmed that we're still waiting for an abandonment decree so that a birth certificate can be generated for our little one.  After that our case will be ready to submit to court.  We're continuing to pray that she'll be home by Christmas, but we know without a doubt, that God's timing is perfect!
So we continue to wait...and drink pumpkin spice lattes! :)
Happy Fall -

1 comment:

  1. AUgh! I get butterflies in my stomach when I think about you guys and how exciting it is to be anticipating such a gift! Praying for you during this season of waiting...and hoping the big day comes soon!!! love to y'all =)

    ReplyDelete