Friday, August 12, 2011

Great Question


I've just started this book...I absolutely LOVE when books hit me square between the eyes and really make me examine where I'm at! 
One of the things I love about our adoption journey is that adoption and caring for orphans is now deeply ingrained on the hearts and minds of our family!  Our prayer is that as we, and thousands of others, continue to share our stories, the body of Christ will wake up and understand what God requires of us. 
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  
James 1:26-27
"Obviously, not everyone is called to adopt, but every believer is called to act. That means not merely feeling sorry for orphans. Sentimentalism is no substitute for action.  Adoption and caring for orphans is about responding to God’s grace properly: first with gratitude toward Him, and then with active love toward others. How is He calling you to love the orphan today?"
Great question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment