Monday, August 29, 2011

Relief

Relief is about the only word that I can come up with to describe how I feel right now.  We were so  excited at the start of last week because our agency's director was in The Congo and we were anticipating new pictures of Alli (maybe even some video) and an update on where our case stands.  I'm not going to go into all the details, but I'll just say that this visit was very difficult for our sweet director and her heart was broken by all that she saw while she was there.  In the end, we did get new pictures of Alli and word that she's doing as well as can be expected.  Please continue to pray for her!  Also, please pray for our director and her staff - they are incredible and work tirelessly on behalf of many families and kiddos -  their hearts truly care for each one!
I'll admit that I was longing for happy news and happy pictures this past week.  And even though that isn't exactly what we got - my relief comes from knowing the best news of all - God loves our little Alli more than we ever could and He is holding her in His hand.
We still can't show her face, but here is the latest picture of our sweet girl.  No smiles yet, but we know they will come once we get her home! Pray that time comes quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment