Friday, July 9, 2010

"Adoption Paperwork Day"

At this rate, I'll have all our adoption paperwork completed around 2015.  Seriously... It's not that I haven't been getting around to it because it's not important - that couldn't be further from the truth.  It's just that in the midst of being wife, mom, children's ministry director, friend, laundry-lady, house-cleaner, food-preparer, problem-solver and of course, lady-of-leisure - it's hard to fit everything in!
I've decided that I need to have a plan.  So... the plan is that Friday will be "adoption paperwork day" - a day (well at least a few hours of the day) set aside for getting paperwork done in a timely manner! 
So here's what I accomplished on my 1st "adoption paperwork day":  I finished filling out our Home Study Application and Response Form, printed them off, attached a check, attached a family picture, attached a picture of our house - put them all in an enevelope, addressed it to Christian Family Services, attached a stamp and put it in the mailbox.  Job well done!
One step closer - I'm trying not to think about the many, many steps in front of us (or the dollar bills that go along with each of those steps).  Today, I'm rejoicing in completing this step and resting in the truth that God's timing and provision are perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment