Thursday, July 29, 2010

Making a Difference!

I just finished reading "What Difference Do It Make?" (yes, that's what it's called - you have to read the book to understand the reason for the incorrect grammar).  Incredible book!  It's been a summer of great reading for me!!  Through the many books I've read and also just through the prompting of the Holy Spirit I've been so inspired to get more involved in my community and make a difference. 
Several months back I had heard on the radio about a ministry called Birthday Blessings.  Their ministry brings birthday joy and support to homeless children and their families. They operate on the belief that every child's life deserves to be celebrated, regardless of circumstance.  Which I whole-heartedly agree with! 
I've decided that I'm going to start volunteering with their ministry one morning a week.  If any of you are local and interested, I'd love to have you join me!

I love this quote -
I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.

What's the something you can do?

No comments:

Post a Comment