Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Shield

God says that His Word is alive and powerful and I believe Him!  I love when I read a verse that I've known for years and all of a sudden something new in that verse jumps off the page - something that I've never really noticed before.  I had that happen this past week...
Some things have come up this week that have challenged me.  To be honest, I was feeling really small and discouraged.  As I was reading through the Psalms I came upon Psalms 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped...  This is a verse that I've known since my AWANA days (we won't say exactly how long ago that was) - I've read it many times.  In the past I've always held onto the “strength” part of that verse and sort of jumped over the “shield” part, but this week... I was really struck by the fact that the LORD is my shield! 

The LORD is my shield.

He stands in front of me.

I love to picture that - me, small and helpless with my Almighty, Powerful Savior standing in front of me - I picture Him with his hands on his hips, feet spread apart - sort of that "noone's going to mess with my girl" pose.  He's taking the arrows that are meant for me and they just bounce right off Him.  Pretty soon, I don't feel so small anymore - I feel like I'm standing taller and stronger!  My heart trusts in Him and I'm helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment