Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stretching and Growing

As we move forward in our adoption process, I'm already seeing how God is going to use this experience to stretch and grow me.  I have a feeling He's going to teach me a thing or two about waiting!  For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm one to take on tasks with focus and determination.  I'm a "let's get'er done" type of gal - the quicker the better!  I'm already realizing that the journey to our sweet little one is not going to be a quick, "let's get'er done" type of deal.  There are so many things in the timing of this process that are beyond our control. 

I'm convinced that there are those who know how to embrace the journey, who rejoice in the day...and then there are those of us who just want to celebrate at the end of the journey, at the end of the day.

I'm praying that God will grow me into one who truly embraces the journey, simply rejoices in the day - I have a feeling that if I can learn to do that, it will make the celebration at the end of the journey, even sweeter! 

So let the stretching and growing begin!  I'm not just going to wait for the process to be over, but I'm going to wait with great anticipation for what the journey holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment