Tuesday, June 8, 2010

do, do, do...

Psalm 51:16-17 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; You do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart. 
These verses struck me this morning.  I'm a doer by nature.  I do for my family, I do for others, I do for God; sometimes I do out of love, sometimes I do out of obligation, sometimes I do because noone else will.  But this morning I was reminded that I can do till I'm blue in the face and never touch the heart of God. 
Here's what God is interested in - Does my will bend easily to His?  Does my self-sufficiency crumble in light of Who He Is and who I am not?  Does my heart break for what breaks His?  These are the things that matter to God. 
I can do, do, do, but if I'm lacking a broken and contrite heart before a Perfect and Almighty God, what I'm doing will never have the impact He meant for it to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment