Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Big 4-0!

Happy 40th Birthday to my best friend, the love of my life - my incredible husband, JT!
Jeff and I first met in the 6th grade and have been a part of each other's lives ever since.  We married 2 yrs into college and have essentially grown up together.  I would be crazy to say (and you would be crazy to believe) that the path our life has taken has always been straight and narrow and bump-free.

There have definitely been bumps along the way...some of them we've weathered really well...some of them have just thrown us all-together right into the ditch.  Thankfully, we've always managed, through God's incredible grace, to get back on track together.  Through it all, I truly can say that I can't imagine being on this journey with anyone else!

There are some things that I've loved about Jeff since the day I met him.  He still has an aura of confidence that I find comforting, he still makes me feel like the prettiest girl in the room (it's all in the eyes of the beholder!) and he still is one of the few people who can make me laugh really hard.

There are many other things that I've grown to love about him more and more each year.  His heart for hearing God and being obedient.  His passion for leading our family well.  His desire for forgiveness and reconciliation (girls, there's nothing better than being married to a guy who's always first to say he's sorry!).  And last, but certainly not least, his huge heart for adoption.  Our family wouldn't be on the journey we're on if it wasn't for the calling that God first laid on Jeff's heart to put our "love in action" and grow our family.

All this to say - Happy Birthday to my man!  I think you just keep getting better and better with each year!  Who says 40 is old! :)
I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Thought of Jeff (and the rest of you this morning). For some reason - his childhood friend still remembers his birthday as well!! Hope you have a very happy 40th Jeff - you caught me!! Praying that you bring your little girl home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 is not old. Especially when I am getting soooo close. I hope you guys are doing great. Nice to get an update on your lives through your blog. We are praying that everything falls into place quickly so that you guys can be one big happy family!!

    ReplyDelete