Monday, November 7, 2011

The Happy Day Project - Day 1

Today starts The Happy Day Project (if you're wondering what that is see the link on my sidebar).  I'm excited to spend time this week thinking about others and spreading a little bit of "happy".  Today we were supposed to take a treat to someone.  I decided to take a treat to someone{s} - a very special group of ladies  that I have the privilege of sharing a building with each weekday.  Our Children's Ministry (The Cove @ Southbrook Church) shares a building with our weekday preschool - Southbrook Christian Preschool.  Our weekday preschool's director, Raina, is a great friend of mine and I love serving alongside her in ministry. Since my office is in our Children's Ministry building I get to see the preschoolers and teachers each day of the week as they come to school.
This morning Raina asked if I'd come and share a devotion with the teachers before their school day began - which I was so happy to do! These ladies are amazing and I love having the chance to encourage them and tell them how valuable they are!  I also wanted to bring them a treat - who doesn't need some chocolate goodness while dealing with almost a 100 two, three, four and five year olds?!
I made them Toffee Crack (I honestly don't know what it's real name is)
It's YUM and sooo easy!  Here's the recipe:
Line saltine crackers in the bottom of a cookie sheet (one with a lip). Melt 1 stick of butter - add 1c. of brown sugar to the butter and stir until it caramelizes a bit.  Pour the butter/brown sugar mixture over the saltines.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.  Take out of the oven and pour a bag of chocolate chips over the top.  Let the chocolate chips melt and then spread until even.  Place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.  Take it out and break into pieces.  Enjoy!  Just a word of warning - it's addictive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment